Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby it's cold outside...

Snow Day! I had some excited little munchkins.  Okay, Eryn really didn't have a clue what was going on.  But Chaney and I were super excited.  Who doesn't love it when you are relieved from all responsibility due to the weather.



So it snowed down here in Georgia.  A lot.  Like three inches at least. Seriously though, the whole town was out of commission for a week.  And don't give us a hard time for that.  People in Atlanta hardly know how to drive in the first place, They especially can't do it in the snow.


Now this would have been the opportune time to go out and take some fabulous wintry photos.  But this is what you get from me.  I'm putting the camera back on my wish list. 



This is the bundled, pre-snow, has-no-clue-what's-about-to-hit-her picture.  She's pulling off that clueless look really well.



This one I could hardly get to pause so I could take the picture.  And as you can see I have given up all efforts on taming her mane.  She has so much spunk, even her hair won't lay down flat.


And I have to say too that it sure is fun to have a lot of family within walking distance on a Snow Day (or Snow Week, in this case).  Here's Kace. A prime example that Snow attire is flattering on no one.



Example No. 2.  Keighley. Although she still manages to look somewhat cute from the neck down, the hat pushes her over the edge into dorkville.



Example No. 3.  I must say that the hat's are worth that lack of fashion trendiness.  I'd rather be warm than look hot, when sledding.



Chooch.  Maybe I should rename my children dazed and confused.  She's seen a camera before, I promise. This was when we were attempting to build a snowman.  Much to our dismay, the snow was not cooperating, so I have no snowman tackling video to offer. 


This is how it went with little pippy here. "Hey this is kind of fun"


"Yeah, really, really, fun.  But kind of cold."



"It's getting colder, and why are people throwing snow at me."



"This is not fun.  It's really, really cold."



"Can we go inside now?"  And she did.  She lasted all of about 15 minutes and she was done for the week.  No more snow for her.



Here's JD sitting in the snow.  Poor little kid.  His parents dress him up like a little dinosaur and leave him in the yard.  Not really.  Well really.  But not for long.



As always his outfit was perfectly coordinated.  She probably dressed him in the blue to bring out his eyes.



But honestly, most of the week we did this... Played Mario until our fingers hurt and we were dreaming about jumping on people's heads. And the obsession continues on.  I seriously think that Kace's may need an intervention sometime soon. Other than that, we ate and drank coffee, and ate and drank coffee.  There was a near creamer shortage, but Kace and I risked our lives and made it to the store, so the crisis was averted.



So hope you all had a wonderful Snow week.  I'll be waiting for the next one. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that snow clothes are not that flattering BUT I love how you put the best photo of you and the worst of me. Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the worse photo of you. Your chin looks very lovely in that photo. And it was the only picture of me. And it's not a good picture. So don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete