Sunday, May 30, 2010
Fun in the Sun
Time for another garden update. I'm really excited about how things are coming along. There are already teeny tiny cucumbers, squash, okra and tomatoes. It really is amazing how fast that venchtables grow (as Chaney likes to say). Can't wait till they are ready to share.
Been staying busy with summertime activities. Bathing suit time again. My dread of bathing suits has been enhanced this year by the lovely farmer's tan I've acquired from all the time spent weeding. Mom and I have decided the world would be a much prettier place if flowers grew as fast as weeds. But at least some people still look adorable in bathing suits.
We had a wonderful day at the lake last weekend. Chaney performed water musicals and Eryn kept begging to be allowed in the bathtub. That was until we allowed her to get in the bathtub which was not the temperature she was expecting.
No more lake swimming for the baby. She was perfectly content to sit on the shore and eat cheetos.
I worked on making some flower boxes for my mom. She had some old molding that had been sitting around for years, so we decided to put it to good use. Won't be making any more of these any time soon. Although I do have to say that power tools are fun.
I can't take credit for the really nice hanging window sill though. That was our Mother's Day present to Mom that Dave made. The craftmanship is a tad bid more precise than mine. Emmy really liked it also.
And I'm including this picture just because I think it's sweet. The girls love getting their nails painted.
A few more flowers...
So that's all for now. Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks to all those who have served and are serving our country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Jenna
ReplyDeleteI am amazed by the flower boxes and am loving all the flowers that are growing,but most of all I have enjoyed spending time with you as we have worked in the yard. Love you and thank for all your hard work. Mom
Me too. It's very nice to have a common project, especially something that is so fun and pretty. Love you too.
ReplyDelete