Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Walk in the Park

We have been walking in the woods quite a lot lately. Trying to take advantage of the lovely weather and best season of the year. And I splurged and bought an annual pass at Stone Mountain and I feel obligated to take advantage of that splurge. So on this day we went to the songbird preserve trail. It's a nice trail. I particularly loved the meadow area.


Nice wide trails.... Lots of udderflies. (Butterflies if you're not fluent in Eryn)
 

Benches to sit on everywhere. A very nice feature.  I think these are here for the bird watchers, but they also come in handy for out of shape people to rest on. 



Such a Daddy's girl.





Chooch with her fangs.  (Fangs which suit her and the vampire Halloween costume she has worn at least 3 times a week for the past year) She informed me today that I can no longer call her Chooch because it's a bad word in another language.  She's not sure which language, but definitely one of the other languages. If only I could have a seven year old's skin again.


And this one is for Liz.   The next time you think you're have a crazy hair day, just pull up this picture and feel better about yourself. I am of course the prime example of hair gone wild, but the munchkins also appear to be exhibiting the crazy hair gene as well.


 So here's to walking in the woods.

1 comment:

  1. Butterflies and crazy hair? This post was most definitely a good one. Love it and I LOVE Chaney and Erin's faces in that one of ya'll sitting on the bench... Too cute.

    ReplyDelete