Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Coffee and Seeds

Easter.  Beautiful, fresh morning, fresh coffee, and plenty of seeds to figure out where to plant.


Finally got to finish my garden on Easter.  I had a dilemma though.  And that was a big fat robin who would not stay out of the designated area.  So I figured I needed a scarecrow.  So I made one.  I had attempted to make a dress at the end of last year for a party, and at the time I figured while I was at it I would make one of those duct tape dress forms to aid me in sewing my dress.  Well neither the dress or the form turned out so well, so I thought this was the perfect use for them.  Side Note:  I think everyone needs to experience being almost completely wrapped up in duct tape at least once in their life. (Well, maybe not if your prone to claustrophobia).


I think she scared everyone but that robin who remained completely unphased.  She does need a name though, if it anyone has any suggestions.  After that it was on to our Easter celebration which included our annual water balloon fight.  Now in this picture, the plan was that I was going to start at one end of the field and everyone else was going to stand in a nice orderly line on the other end of the field, and my objective was to try and make it past the line of fire without getting hit.  However, my family (who are genetically incapable of following rules) conspire to storm the field and chaos ensued.  I believe I was the first and last to volunteer for this particular balloon game. 


And here was my contribution to the Easter feast.  Mom actually frosted it for me because I was up to my elbows in dirt.  Thanks mom.  Hummingbird Cake.  One of my favorites...


And finally, because Kace asked me to post a more flattering picture of her next time.  Here you go. The moral of this story is keep your camera out of the reach of small children.  This picture is especially unflattering, I believe, because the camera viewing level of the average 6-year-old is almost exactly perpendicular to level of a grown woman's behind.  But if this doesn't make you want to break out the aerobic tape one more time, I don't know what will. (No offense Kace, your butt's really not that big in real life)


And if you want to keep up with what I'm doing flowerwise.  You can visit my flower blog.  http://ederynfloral.blogspot.com.  I also put a link over to the right to make it easy on you.  That's all for now.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jenna
    The garden is wonderful, the cake delicious, the family genetic description totally accurate and the picture hilarious. Nothing like a 6 year old and a camera to keep you humble.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love getting a view into the Jenna brain. It is so hilarious. I will have to think for awhile for the name for scarecrowette. I'll get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has to be something as elegant as her dress - Monique, Cherie maybe something french.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. Just to prove how well we listen to direction let me tell you I didn't even realize that was the plan. I really thought we were suppsoed to chase you. That made me laugh really hard when I read that. Your face when we all started running at you made me laugh really hard too! Anyways, you funny.
    Don't play you know my butt is really that big, but thanks for saying otherwise! Maybe I should start a blog instead of writing comments that are as long as your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. I tried for about two seconds to get y'all to stop. But after I realized it was a lost cost, there was nothing left to do but run for my life. You should start a blog. Especially now that you have a cute little smunchkin to document.

    ReplyDelete