Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Poppies and Petunias

Just a few pictures of my mom's pretty garden.  I'm calling it a garden rather than a yard.  It has too many flowers, it's way above yard now.


The Arbor.  The urns have beautiful dahlias that are getting ready to bloom and climbing hydrangea that we are trying to get going up the arbor.


Poppies.  Probably in my top ten favorite flowers. It's hard to say.  I definitely love them though.


The petunia chair and my heirloom tomatoes are in the urn.  I can't wait to see if they turn out.  Pink and Green.



Mom's sweet greenhouse.  A gift from Rowann who owns Antiques in Old Town.  So fun. 



And the iris.  Love the color of these.  The peonies are getting ready to be completely open.  I'll have to get some pictures of those tomorrow.  Sorbet.  I think peonies are my all time favorite garden flower.  I've come to realize that my love for flowers is really more of an obsession.  But they are so beautiful and they just make life better.  Okay that's all for now. Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Jenna
    I think we come by our love of flowers through our genes. Grandmother Ellenberg worked at Park Seed Company her whole life. She could stick any cutting in the ground and it would grown. But there is something really fulfilling about planting something and seeing it grow.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. How did I get the love and not the gift. I wish things grew that easily for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Mom definitely has the touch. You too, Jenna.

    ReplyDelete