Halloween Bash 2010 was a success. Despite the fact that Kace gave me a horrible cold which reared it's ugly head the day before. So this was a low key party. Or as low key as I get. All the decorations were from the Dollar Tree. Which is my new favorite store. As I mentioned before, we didn't really do halloween when I was growing up. My sister Karis' birthday is November 1st. So usually on Halloween we would go to Fuddruckers. Home of the best hamburger in the world. Truly. Sadly all of the Fuddruckers in Atlanta have closed. But as Kace and I discovered on the way home from our trip to Granddad's, there is one in Columbia, South Carolina. So if you get a Fudd craving worth driving three hours for, you can go there. Anyway, where was I?... After Fuddruckers, we would come home and have cake and then turn out all the lights and lay on the floor in the living room and stare at the ceiling. (We also did this at Christmas, only it was better for the Christmas Tree lights. We left those on.) Although one year, we did make treats for Halloween and walk door to door and give them a treat rather than take a treat. Hmmm...
So I think my over emphasis of Halloween stems from a previous underemphasis of it. And I'm not sure where my love for dressing up comes from. Maybe because I feel inadequate that I dress so poorly 364 days of the year so I bounce back and go all out for one day. Or maybe it's just because I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. If I'm going to do something, I like to to do it all the way. Analyze much? Anyway.
Whatever the reason. I like Halloween and I like dressing up and I like people. Thus this shindig. Here are the pics.
So I think my over emphasis of Halloween stems from a previous underemphasis of it. And I'm not sure where my love for dressing up comes from. Maybe because I feel inadequate that I dress so poorly 364 days of the year so I bounce back and go all out for one day. Or maybe it's just because I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. If I'm going to do something, I like to to do it all the way. Analyze much? Anyway.
Whatever the reason. I like Halloween and I like dressing up and I like people. Thus this shindig. Here are the pics.
The Amish Family.
The Lion of Judah and Garr Bear. I could definitely squoosh some guts out of them.
God's Gift to Women and my vote for best Halloween Costume. Even though he has to give some credit to Aunt Ruth and her mad googling skills.
A Redneck Mechanic.
Party Favors, complete with toothbrushes. Due to the state of my own teeth, I feel obligated to promote good oral hygiene.
The buffet. Before the food. Promise. We didn't starve the guests.
My little peanut butter coffins.
My cupcakes, which looked really cute but tasted like dirt. Seriously, I made 64 and threw away 63. They were awwwwfullll. Which is really sad. Because cupcakes are another passion of mine. I'm going to blame it on Kace's oven and Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix (It tastes like bran.) Sorry Betty.
A good cupcake and Winner of the Costume Contest. You should put that on your resume Liz.
Me. With my red clown nose and all.
People who don't fully understand the concept of a costume party and their bear kid.
Indiana Jones, The Grim Reaper and a couple of GI Joes I thinks. Scary. That's what they were to me.
A Giant Pumpkin head and couple of witches.
Little Red Riding Hood.
Little Red Riding Hood's parents.
Mario.
A ladybug.
Cousins.
Sisters. Sisters. There were never such devoted sisters. Is it sad that I can't say the word without singing that song in my head.
Dolly and an Amish Woman.
The Bartons. That's what they really are, not their costume.
And the luminaries. (I stole this idea from Martha) Or illuminaries as Kace might say. My sister is the Queen of the Destruction of the English Vocabulary. Not that I am the letter of the law. However, she is referred to as the cliche wrecker. I should do a post on that. You all could contribute your own personal experiences of Kace's miscommunications. I will put that on my to do list.
Well, hope you all had a great Halloween. I'm very exciting that we get to fall back on Sunday. Don't forget.
Looks like great fun! You should be a party planner so you get paid for doing these great parties (for someone else).
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed the shindig! Looks like a fab time was had by all! And, I agree with your mom...you are the ULTIMATE party planner and if you ever decide to make that your profession, I know you would be a great success at it! I particularly love the nod to good oral hygiene! Dentists everywhere are applauding you and your Halloween party goody bags. Oh, and this goes back to a previous blog, but I did want to say that I, too, have the "pick-things-up-with-my-toes" gene. It's either that or "I'm-too-lazy-to-bend-over" gene.
ReplyDelete