Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trick or Treat

Happy Halloween.  My third favorite holiday, if you're keeping track.  I think this may stem from the fact that we never celebrated it when I was growing up, so I think I may have gone overzealous. 



Chaney was a belly dancer.  Technically the walmart package said Harem, but that's a whole other issue in itself.  We went with belly dancer.



Belly dancer pose.



And here's the little one.  Pinkerbell.  



She was not happy about having her picture taken.  I really wanted her to be Velma from Scooby Doo.  But I saw reason after Nick pointed out that she may have self image issues if I continue to dress her in costumes that emphasize funny over pretty.  Last year she was a yard gnome and the year before she was a horse.  And since here sister is nearly always a princess, we decided to primp her up.



She knew that she was going to get candy from somewhere, but she had not yet learned where she was going to get it from.  Here is where she was confused with Easter and was looking, thinking that it may be laying around on the ground somewhere.



This one cracks me up.  I think she was looking in the bucket waiting for it to magically appear. And of course this is typical Chaney.



What kind of face it that dear?  Don't leave it that way or it will get stuck like that.



Better, but I think we could still improve.



This is as good as gets.  And after this we had a successful evening of fetching candy.  Thanks to the Pantana family who let us bombard their evening.  It's funny how the fatigue the little children would normally feel due to running from house to house around the neighborhood for hours never really happens because all the candy they are eating counteracts it I suppose.  But when they do finally fall, they fall fast asleep. Thank goodness.  Halloween can where you out.

2 comments:

  1. I love Eryn's Halloween confusion! I had never really thought about how confusing holidays must be for little kids, but it makes perfect sense that they are somewhat perplexed by all the odd traditions. First, there's the holiday where an oversized rabbit brings a basketload of candy (and plastic grass) to your house. Then, there's the holiday where you have to carry around a plastic pumpkin and beg for candy. (What is the deal with plastic and holidays?) And, last but not least, there's that holiday where a pleasantly plump old man in a red suit brings presents to your house and puts them in front of a tree covered with lights and assorted decorations (yep...I think some of those are plastic, too). No wonder poor little E. was waiting for candy to magically appear in her pumpkin! I'm a little confused now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that my comment is about as long as your blog entry. Brevity is not my forte. :-)

    ReplyDelete