Friday, November 12, 2010

I Owe My Life to my Mom

I owe my life to my mom. We all owe our lives to our Moms. They brought us into this world.  I guess they had a little help from our Dads.  But Mom's really do a lot of the work.  So this post is honor of my mom and all that she does and means to me.  Mom just had a birthday and Kace hosted a lovely brunch party.  Virtually all by herself.  And it was lovely.



I love my mom because she never gave me up for adoption.  Even on those occasional days where you know it had to cross the back of her mind. 

Kace made our family butter cookie recipe with orange buttercream icing for party favors.  Yum.



I love my mom because she's always there to help when you need her. Especially with my girls.

Doesn't this look so southern living.  Minus the dish wrack.  You might want to hide that in the closet next time Kace.  Woops.  Did I just draw attention to it.  Sorry. 



I love my mom because she has a passion for justice and fights for what is right.

The quiche was fab-yul-us.




I love my mom because she endures. . . through life. . . through injustice. . . through hard times.

I made the cinnamon rolls.  PW recipe.  Which really may be the best in the world.



I love my mom because she's still there to support you even when your doing something you're gonna regret later. 

My yard weed arrangement.



I love my mom because she makes us siblings say nice things about each other on our birthdays, even when we don't want to. 

Kace and Liz look like a couple of little squirrels in the corner. Well...Mainly just Kace.

And I love my mom because she is beautiful on the inside and out.

So I hope you had a happy birthday Mom.  May this year be full of good things.  Love.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jenna. This was a wonderful birthday celebration. Kace did an incredible job with the food, decorations and hosting. You did an
    incredible job on the best cinnamon rolls in the
    world. I felt loved and appreciated. I could not
    be more proud or love my children any more than I do!!! I am blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, you definitely speak the truth!!! She is also an awesome and beloved sister!! You all did a great job with her birthday brunch and Keighley did a super job with her bday supper!! In addition to loving bubble baths and having the genetic trait of being "toe-picker-up" people, our family also loves to chow down on good eats!

    ReplyDelete