Day 2 was spent with my Bosom Friends. Okay, Kace is my sister. But she would still be a bosom friend even if she wasn't my sister. She disputes this fact. She says she wouldn't be my friend. But she's wrong, as usual.
In honor of bosom friends. I'm going to sprinkle some friend quotes throughout. I was going to end with one but I couldn't decide on which one, so I'm putting them all in. It will be great. Like one of those cheesy emails that you get and have to forward to all your friends, only no obligation to forward. No offense to the cheesy email senders. I like them. P.S. I put this in teal. Because it's Kace's current favorite color.
"Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support."

We decided it would be fun to spend the day in the mountains. Well I decided this and politely informed them they had to come along. They didn't put up much of a fight. So we headed to Amicalola State Park which is right outside of Dahlonega. We arrived. There was a near urination disaster on the part of one who will remain unnamed, but we made it to the bathroom in the nick of time. Disaster avoided.
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

So we started out and I decided we should take the path not recommended by the ranger in the gift shop. Because all the people were going that way and I don't want to go the same way all the other people are going. So we set out on the path. Which is actually also the approach to the AT. And as I walked up that hill I thought about Micah ... and how he hiked the AT.... and how I will never ever ever do that. . . and I tried to breathe. I had to stop every three minutes for a breathing break. Which gave Kace and Liz the opportunity to make short films. Like this...
"The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong." Mark Twain
Entertaining, huh? Even more entertaining in person. They also found time to take funny pictures...
"Friendship is when silence between two people is comfortable."

Well, pictures that they thought were funny. What is funny about this picture though, is that I had not a clue that they had taken it until I was looking through the pictures on the camera. Like I mentioned before, I had to focus all my attention on breathing and walking and breathing.
And we finally made it all the way up the hill. And it was pretty up there.
"A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down." Arthur Glasgow

Pretty, huh?
Anyway, back to Bosom friends. These are mine. A girl's gotta have some. I think I forced Liz to watch Anne of Green Gable's so that she would know what I was talking about. I think she slept through it. But at least she has a reference now and can say that she has watched it. Cause I'm not sure I could have a BFF that hasn't seen it. It's a requirement.
"A friend is one before whom I may think aloud." Ralph Waldo Emerson

After that we did the ninja change in the car and put on our pretty clothes. That was entertaining in itself. All I will say is that I had to have assistance getting my shorts off as the sweat and heat had glued them to my skin. Then we walked around downtown. Dinner at a cute little restaurant. Ask one of them about the server. And coffee at Liz's after that.
A beautiful day all around. Perfect weather. Perfect company.

"Someday many years from now, we'll sit beside the candles glow,
exchanging tales about our past and laughing as the memories flow,
And when that distant day arrives, I know it will be understood,
That friendship is the key to live and we were friends and it was good."
Eileen Hehl
exchanging tales about our past and laughing as the memories flow,
And when that distant day arrives, I know it will be understood,
That friendship is the key to live and we were friends and it was good."
Eileen Hehl
It was a very fun day indeed...But, oh bosom friend of mine, I did NOT approve those pictures before posting!
ReplyDelete(And I remember every minute of all 15 hours of Anne BTW.)
So fun! I will say I must be PMSing because that almost made me a little teary. Obviously not the rock above.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun you guys are together. I hope you stay best friends forever. You are my kind of adventurous girls.
ReplyDelete