So here's a recipe. I thought I would add some of these so I will have one more place to come should I need to remember ingredients or measurements. Not that this particularly recipe is really all that hard to remember. I do love this one though. Fettuccini Alfredo is a great thing to eat. How could a recipe where the three main ingredients are butter, heavy cream and cheese, be anything but good? Three of my favorite foods. So...
The first thing you do is get your noodles ready. Now, hopefully all of y'all can boil noodles, but here's how I do it.

Water, which must be as salty as the ocean and a splash of olive oil. Supposedly, the olive oil helps prevent the noodles from sticking together. Not sure if this really works that well, but I still do it anyway.
Next...

Melt a stick of butter in a pan. Any pan. I use this one because it's my favorite and it's really big so it melts faster.
Then once your butter is all nice and melted.

Add heavy cream.

A pint. You can buy a pint altogether normally, but this was all Kroger had when I was shopping. So add it...

And then wait until it's all hot and bubbly and reasonably incorporated.

Then you add the cheese...

I like to use 6 to 8 oz. Whatever kind of parmesan you like. You can also save some to sprinkle on the top if you like.

Then once that is all mixed together well...

Add salt and pepper to taste and you're done with your alfredo. You can gussy this up however you like... Minced garlic, fresh herbs, chicken, whatever.

In the meantime I've added the noodles to the pot...

And now they have finished cookin.

If you're one of those fancy people with a colander, you can use that to drain your noodles. I use the plate method. Which does tend to crack plates every now and then, but it works.

Throw in your alfredo and you're there. Note that the sauce is still a bit runny when it is hot, but it thickens as it cools.

That's it. Easy peasy. And I seriously make this at least twice a month. Yum.
I think you are the new blogging queen. You are making me feel so blogging bad cause it's been months for me. Alto I am also inspired to get back in the groove. We'll see how my good intentions turn out.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, a big YUM for the recipe.
Here's my secret and the only way I am a successful blogger. I've been doing all my blogging on the weekends and then posting them day to day. Don't tell anyone.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very yummy recipe. Wouldn't it be great if it was as fast to cook it as it is to read about you cooking it?
ReplyDelete